UK-Canada AI innovation challenge: How can machine learning improve aerodynamic testing for aeroplanes?
For this AI innovation challenge CARIC (CAN) and Digital Catapult (UK) are looking for established start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs or researchers from Canada and the UK to develop and pitch innovative AI solutions that address a core challenge for the aerospace sector, in particular for Bombardier.
The UK-Canada AI Innovation challenge will result in six finalists (three UK-based and three Canada-based) being selected to pitch in Montreal to a judging panel of high calibre industry experts, which will include key representatives from Bombardier, the AI council and Real Ventures. Whilst in Montreal, the finalists will have opportunities to network and develop business relationships that could lead to potential future collaborations. The winning team will have the chance to participate in a mission in UK/Canada.
Please visit the link here after for the complete challenge details.
Applicants should make note of the following events and activities in relation to this challenge:
- 6 September – Launch
- 5 October – Open Call closes
- 19 October – Challenge briefing
- 30 October – Written submissions
- 12 November – CAN Pitch day
- 3 December – Finalists Pitch day in Montreal
How to apply?
- Signify your interest by contacting Etienne Leclerc-Jolette (email@example.com)
- You will receive by email the challenge “Knowledge Pack” + a link to a short Application Form (that must be completed before 5 October 2018 @ midnight (GMT+1))
- Your application will be assessed, and you will be notified if you have been selected for the challenge via email.
- Selected candidates will be invited to join a challenge briefing webinar with Bombardier and Digital Catapult on October 19. Afterwards, you will be asked to submit a written proposal outlining your idea.
- Judges will select the top five written proposals and invite them to present at a Canada Pitch Day event in November in Montreal. Three Canadian finalists will be selected to progress to the final stage.
- The three CAN finalists will pitch in Montreal alongside three UK finalists on December 3 to select a winner.
For more information, please contact:
Etienne Leclerc-Jolette, Project and Development Manager, CARIC
Our community brings together innovative organizations.
Together, they collaborate on research projects